❝ If you think of giving up, you gave up already. - Huang ZiTao ❞

korea
Friday 6 December 2013 @ 17:05
Hi.

Annyeonghaseyo. 

Okay that was hello in Korean. I'M BACK FROM SOUTH KOREA AND I MISS THAT COUNTRY SO MUCH. The whole vacation is just one amazing and great experience to just learn their culture and to see how great the people really are. I'm not going to write the whole journey but I'm going to write down some places we visited there that I recommend you to visit to if you're going to Korea and how awesome they are.

Nami Island
Have you ever watched the famous Winter Sonata drama? Well it's like the most famous Korean drama ever made so far and it's so sad I watched the drama after I come back from Korea. It takes about 2 hours to get there from Seoul, the capital city of South Korea. And then we have to take a small ferry for about 7 minutes. 
Seriously, the place is so beautiful because it's the end of autumn already and the leaves were all falling and Nami Island is one of the best spots to go for autumn. There's so many tall trees and it's the most beautiful and breath-taking place I've ever been in my life so far.

Samsung Company's Everland Theme Park
Yes, this place was Samsung's and this place is huge. There's so many games there and I can definitely say that it's better than Genting Highlands. South Korea has four seasons so they'll just change the decorations of the theme park every season and it's so cute. They decorated it with winter theme and they do it just right and it was so beautiful. It's so windy and cold there. 

Mount Seorak National Park
Mount Seorak is the second tallest mountain in South Korea and the place is as always, beautiful. Since it's all mountains there, it's windy and cold. Trust me, if you take off your gloves, your hands will be numb in at least two minutes because it's so damn cold there. (Well, almost all the places in Korea was cold but so far this place is the coldest.) 

Myeongdong
Myeongdong means downtown so it'll be the busiest spot in the weekends. It's like a street with lots of shops and some of them were branded shops like Zara, Forever 21, H&M and stuffs. But the roads were also very confusing because you started here and walk walk walk and then you turned here and then there and at the end you just lost your way. It's certainly the best place to have fun in the weekend. If you come to Korea, I'll surely be recommending you this place because there's just so many things you can buy but it can be somehow pricey. 

Kimchinara School

It's actually nearby Everland Theme Park so we don't have to be bothered with anything related to distance it's like 5 minutes from Everland Them Park. The reason why Korean women were all slim and their skin was super glowy and beautiful is because they eat kimchi. (P.S: For thos who doesn't know what kimchi is, it's a famous Korean traditional food that they can't survive without.) I tasted it and it actually has this sour-spicy taste because they fermented the vegetables. (Cabbage, raddish etc.) The paste for the kimchi was made from probably 9 ingredients so I don't actually want to do it at home because I think it's gonna be a hard time finding the ingredients. There's also a room for tourists to try Korean traditional costume called Hanbok and it's really gorgeous on almost everybody. 

Gyeongbuk Palace
This is the royal palace of Korea and it's so beautiful. There's also the Blue House where the President of South Korea lives in and it's the hugest house I've ever seen in my life like it's so huge. We went into the palace and it's really huge too. There's a museum and a big, big kind of like palace too and it's so tall. It brings up the classic feeling because the designs of the palace is so beautiful and the trees just works really well with the atmosphere in the palace.

The culture there is also interesting. It's kind of weird yet it's relevant. They have a kind of discipline that you can't see easily anywhere. If you're in buffet restaurant, you must send your plate to a dish station after you finished eating. What I like about their food is that they always have like steamboat or grill dishes like fish, pork and beef. Besides these food, they prepared at least 3 side dishes and the main side dish is kimchi. They also have really clean toilets like it's the cleanest toilet ever. Most of all, it's free. You can walk into a coffee shop shamelessly and go inside their toilet and they won't give any attention to you. You can just go ahead and walk into their toilet. 
Car first human second is the main concept of traffic there. If you're in a big street, you have to let the cars cross first and then you can cross the road. There's no concept as human first. People there has really soft skin and I envy them so, so much. They walk a lot, too. Especially in the morning. The countryside in Korea is also breath-taking. It's refreshing and it's just so calm and beautiful because there's mountains and rivers. 

So there it is, my visit to Korea. It was a whole lot of a new experience because I've never travelled to a foreign country and it is amazing to see what they do, how they are, what they eat, their culture and stuffs. It's a dream come true because I've always been wanting to travel to a foreign country. My advise for people who are going to Korea at the end of autumn or winter, you should wear two jackets, a glove, a thick stockings as well because your legs will freeze. Also, if you feel like your body is numb or you just feel so cold, you can jog around to warm yourself.  Ah, and also learn how to eat kimchi cuz I ate it one time and stopped because it's sour and spicy. But it's actually delicious if you mix it with rice or something else.


Email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment








Home About Stuff eMail

I'm not the prettiest, but you know what? I'm fabulous. Hardcore EXO fangirl. I love reading all those stuffs.

LABEL
exo fangirl feelz

Contact
Here's the links to my social media sites. I'm not always the follow-me-follow-you-back type of person but notify me for a followback!

i'm friendly, of course.

Advertisements




made with love, ayemrawi
this is credit